I am a tenure-track assistant professor at the University of Copenhagen, Department of Computer Science since July 2017, affiliated with the Copenhagen NLP group and the Machine Learning Section, and work in the general areas of Statistical Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning. My main research interests are weakly supervised and low-resource learning with applications including information extraction, machine reading and fact checking.
Before starting a faculty position, I was a postdoctoral research associate in Sebastian Riedel's UCL Machine Reading group, mainly investigating machine reading from scientific articles. Prior to that, I was a Research Associate in the Sheffield NLP group, a PhD Student in the University of Sheffield Computer Science department, a Research Assistant at AIFB, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and a Computational Linguistics undergraduate student at the Department of Computational Linguistics, Heidelberg University.
I co-organise the Copenhagen NLP meetup, maintain the BIG Directory of members of underrepresented groups and supporters in Natural Language Processing and am president of the ACL Special Interest Group on Representation Learning (SIGREP).
- November 2018: I'm co-organising the 4th Workshop on Representation Learning for NLP (Repl4NLP) at ACL 2018
- November 2017: I'm co-organising the 2nd Workshop on Learning with Limited Labeled Data at ICLR 2019
- November 2018: Our work on Latent multi-task architecture learning was accepted to AAAI 2019!
- October 2018: I am president of the newly created ACL Special Interest Group on Representation Learning (SIGREP).
- September 2018: I'm co-organising the first Conference on Automated Knowledge Base Construction (AKBC), to take place 20-22 May 2019 in Amherst, MA
- August 2018: I've been awarded a grant by the University of Copenhagen Centre for Communication and Computing (CCC) to re-start the Copenhagen NLP meetup, covering speaker travel and hospitality expenses. Join the meetup group to see talk announcements!
- August 2018: 28 PhD fellowships are available at our faculty through the European Union's H2020 Marie Curie COFUND program. If you would like to work with me at the University of Copenhagen, apply here by 1 October and name me as an advisor. Informal enquries welcome.
- August 2018: Team Copenhagen (Yova Kementchedjhieva, Johannes Bjerva, myself) won the CoNLL--SIGMORPHON shared task on morphological inflection in context!
- August 2018: 2 papers accepted to EMNLP, on question relevancy ranking and on parameter sharing in multilingual parsing